REMUNERATION: KES:70,000.00 exclusive of commissions
The primary role of this job is to identify and secure new business for the organization whilst maintaining and deepening existing business relationships for the achievement of the organization’s strategic objectives and financial targets.
Reporting to the CEO, the role will involve team management, implementation of plans, and high–level management of accounts.
The role will require the successful candidate to meet or exceed the assigned sales revenue targets by:
- Sales of Security systems ie: Fortinet, Checkpoint, Kaspersky, Symantec.
- Sales of Software services ie: Cloud, Business Intelligence, ERP, CRM.
- Locating or proposing potential business deals by contacting potential partners, clients to explore and discover business opportunities.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Working with technical teams to oversee and actual development of proposals and responses to customer RFPs or requests in a timely manner.
- Screening potential business opportunities by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending
- Keeping abreast of relevant RFPs and ensuring knowledge of relevant activities in the public sector and specific accounts.
- Conducting Cold/Warm phone calls to potential clients to set up meetings for purpose of exploring opportunities.
- Visiting clients to identify and locate new business opportunities
- Diligently follow up on all opportunities and leads to conclusion
- Supervise and oversee the account management function, leading meetings, receive and prepare reports.
- Profile and analyze competitors and develop counter measures/proposals that place the organization as the preferred provider for potential business.
- Carry out informal market research to understand the market and prepare appropriate response strategies with respect to the hardware and software solutions.
NETWORKING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Any other responsibilities as may be designated by the management.
DESIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Good knowledge of ICT market in Kenya and the region
- Technical Proposal and report writing skills
- Sales Management and negotiation skills
- Business Acumen
- Marketing and product development skills
- Project management skills
- Proven leadership abilities
- Rapport and relationship building abilities
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Innovative and creative
- Results driven
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Problem solving skills, organizing and planning abilities
A degree in IT or Business-Related Courses with at least 3 years experience in business development in the ICT sector in Kenya and/or the region.
Qualified candidates to send their applications, daytime contacts, and salary expectations to email@example.com.