FINANCE AND OPERATIONS ACCOUNTANT
Our Client, a leading Mobile Micro Lending company that offers salary advances and short-term loans seeks to recruit a Finance and Operations Accountant who shall have the responsibility of handling day-to-day operations in Finance & Operations.
Reports to: Managing Partner
Department: Finance and Operations
•Assist with weekly cash and treasury functions, including client invoicing, scheduling payments, oversight of debtors and creditors’ positions, and reconciliation of cash transactions.
• Prepare weekly Finance Reports for the Executive Team.
• Ensure financial reporting is aligned with current accounting standards.
• Assist current and future finance transformation projects.
• Ensure compliance, including VAT returns, corporation, and other tax returns/reporting.
• Manage the day-to-day accounting functions as we scale, including preparation and analysis of monthly accounting entries, management accounts, and financial information including commentary.
Operations and Credit
•Establish credit limit, considering such factors as applicant’s assets, credit experience, and personal references, based on predetermined standards.
• Keep a record or file of credit transactions, deposits, and payments, and sends letters or confers with customers having delinquent accounts to make payment
•Keep a record of applications for loans and credit.
• Compute interest and payments.
• Check the value of the customers’ collateral, such as securities, held as security for a loan.
• Advise customer by phone or in writing about loan or credit information.
• Assist customers in filling out loans or credit applications.
• Disbursing of Invoices to clients in good time.
• Preparation of internal payroll and payments.
• Processing internal and external payments.
• Ensuring all payments have the relevant supporting documents
• Ensuring records are complete and preparing financial reports.
• Daily processing of expenses.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
•Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any related field
•ACCA or CPA Finalist
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
•Payments/FinTech experience highly desirable
•Good technical accounting knowledge
•Advanced excel skills (advanced formulas, large data sets, pivot tables, vlookup etc)
•Desire to work in a very high growth business
•Ability to work collaboratively and across functions
•Drive, motivation and excellent attention to detail
•Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Finance and Operations Accountant on the Subject line. Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.