Our Client, a nonprofit organization that provides healthcare services globally seeks to recruit a Bilingual Program Director, Africa Region. S/he will support Program Leads/Officers in their work with partners to strengthen the programmatic, institutional and financial capacity to implement sustainable sexual and reproductive health programs in line with their respective missions.
Reports to: Regional Director, Africa
The bi-lingual Program Director/Coordinator will oversee all aspects of project implementation within the Africa Region. S/he supports Program Leads/Country Program Officers in their work with partners to ensure/assure optimum impact and results.
S/he will be responsible for the effective implementation and management of all ARO projects. In this role s/he will also be responsible for strategizing, creating and facilitating processes throughout all project lifecycles including, maintaining annual budgets, workplans and reports. S/he will oversee all operational related aspects of ARO projects ensuring alignment of activities with budgets, while supporting program teams to meet reporting deadlines and monitoring the progress of projects against key performance indicators on a routine basis.This position requires an individual to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders routinely ensuring all parties are kept informed of changes or updates to project deliverables or timelines.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In consultation with the Regional Director, and working with HQ colleagues, provide oversight support and guidance to Country Teams on the following
- Development of partner project implementation plans and budgets in collaboration with Program leads/Country Officers
- In consultation with Regional Director and Program leads in ARO , develop and facilitate the implementation of project work plans in a coordinated and integrated manner.
- Monitoring programmatic and financial performance of projects through site visits (with leads and officers) and review and analysis of programmatic and financial reports. Virtual meetings can substitute site visits when the situation so dictates.
- Identification of partner training and technical assistance (TA) needs and tailoring training and TA to ensure programmatic, organizational and financial strengthening; and as needed, development and implementation of programmatic M&E plans (including tools) and financial monitoring.
- Provide guidance to program leads on the provision of technical support on project implementation and management to in-country programs as needed and ensure that they meet the expected agreed targets.
- Work with ARO Regional Director, program leads, LARO, HQ and ARO Program Officers supporting projects for additional technical assistance support for implementation by partners.
- Ensure that program staff are trained in carrying out TA and other program management functions, including follow up on systems development, supervision, service delivery, financial and commodity management, and project evaluation issues. Keep with other TA related tasks.
- Provide on-site/virtual Technical Assistance (TA) and obtain specialized TA for grantees as required.
- Works with the Grants & Compliance team on overall project financial management to ensure pipelines are accurate, meet timelines for the set objectives.
- Ensure timely and regular reporting of all project’s activities and expenses to Africa Regional Director, donors and HQ
- Work with finance to provide financial oversight for all project activities.
- Coordinates the production of project donor reports in a timely manner and works with the Regional Director and other program leads/teams on finalizing donor reports for submission to HQ.
- Guide program leads/officers in writing project updates and reports as needed and share with the Regional Director, Africa.
- Provide guidance and leadership to program leads on writing abstracts and articles for publication and makes presentations at meetings and conferences.
- In collaboration with the Program Learning Team, oversees overall program monitoring and evaluation through reports and on-site visits as well as ensuring accurate data for purposes of reporting, program improvement and donor accountability.
- Work with partner organizations and project staff in conducting project reviews and development of refunding proposals based on results of the review processes.
- Promote learning, knowledge management and testing of innovative approaches to address critical challenges in program implementation.
- Work collaboratively with Latin America and US-based headquarters staff to promote cross-regional learning and collaboration.
- Collaborates on program evaluation and other relevant SRHR research activities.
- Work with the Operations team to ensure program teams remain compliant to the organizations processes and procedures
- Work with ARO SMT members and country teams to plan, develop and align ARO strategies and interventions across program countries with the divisional strategic priorities.
- Track progress towards theGlobal’s strategic plan and specific donor objectives.
- Participate in strategic planning and the design of new project initiatives,
- Manage, lead and develop in country focal point persons, to ensure effective management and high performance.
- Assists/leads on new partnership opportunities including the development of technical proposals.
- Participation in the orientation of new (program) staff on the organizations Global systems and procedures and project management.
- Monitor the operational environment with respect to increased level of threat on implementation of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR).
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Regional Director.
Regularly interacts with other regional office staff (ARO/LARO) and collaborates with the North America office staff, as appropriate to ensure work is on time and meets performance goals. Divisional policy, work plan and project needs determine the nature and frequency of external contacts. These include a well-defined constituency that has a moderate influence on regional office activities, assigned projects or operations. Requires regular contact with in-country partners, colleagues, and sister organizations, in order to advance the organizations Global interests.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
Education: Master’s Degree, or related number of years of experience, in public health, SRHR, international development, sociology or related field required.
Experience working on SRHR is required
Experience:10-15 years of experience in project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and working with programs to identify and address training and technical assistance needs, preferably with a reproductive health and rights focus.
Experience working in multi-sector programs.
Skills or Related Knowledge: Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Ability to synthesize information and generate persuasive and clear verbal and written communications; strong time management skills and the ability to multitask and meet deadlines with a keen attention to detail and follow through; self-directed; and able to anticipate, prioritize, and manage tasks.
Excellent written and oral English communication skills, both English and French. Must demonstrate good interpersonal and negotiation skills, in addition to ability to work autonomously, using good decision making and computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet and statistical analysis applications). Analytical problem solving using systematic approaches to analyze and propose solutions is part of everyday activities, and cultural sensitivity is imperative. Knowledge of reproductive health issues.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Bilingual Program Directoron the Subject line. Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.