Our Client, a non-profit organization that provides healthcare services globally seeks to recruit a Bilingual Finance Planning Officer for the Africa Regional Office.
Reports To: Finance Manager, Africa Regional Office
The Bilingual Finance Planning Officer’s main function is to monitor and manage expenditure and budgets in the Africa Regional Office with key emphasis on grants management and Operations. The position will involve coordinate payments, ensure coding is correct, financial tracking, analysis and reporting, providing financial data for grants reporting, and ensuring budget tracking organization finance procedures while aiding in donor reporting requirements.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
Accounting and Finance
- Provide sound project financial, administrative, and programmatic management
- Enter transactions in accounting system (QBO) and ensure all transactions are supported by adequate documentation, are complete and in accordance with the policies and procedures
- Be responsible for the month end close process and ensure timely submissions of financials.
- Prepare the monthly financial reporting (ROE), month end reconciliations and follow up on any variances for all ARO, including projects and funding sources
- Assist with the quarterly accrual process and reconciliation process
- Continuously reviews accounting procedures, internal controls, perform risk assessments, identify potential risk areas and establish risk mitigation plans.
- Coordinate various annual project assessments and audits
- Help ensure financial data is maintained in consistent formats to maintain regional reporting performance
- Analyze trends of KPI’s, especially relating to financial metrics such as program, and operational expenditures
- Monitor organization’s KPI’s and identify the cause of any unexpected variances
- Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial/treasury and operational forecast
- Support senior management with ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Implement Business Intelligence and dashboard reports
Payments/Accounts Payable back up
- Prepares payment documents including vendor payments, consultant payments, payments to Partners and payroll documents and related deductions, advances and various schedules. Upload payments into the bank portal and complete bank reconciliations.
- Codes, tracks and processes invoices, vouchers, advances, expense reports and other schedules to ensure completeness, accuracy, reasonability, and validity.
- Monitor inbox for vendor and consultant invoices and follow up with them to ensure that payments are in accordance with vendor/consultants contracts and done on timely manner
- Keep track of office supplies and prepares for replenishment and purchase
- Reviewing, finalizing, and managing grant budgets/proposals
- Reviewing and monitoring of donor budgets to ensure payments and transactions are aligned with donor budgets
Regularly interacts with other regional office staff, Global Operations staff, Program and management team as appropriate to ensure work is on time and meets performance goals. Divisional policy, work plan and project needs determine the nature and frequency of external contacts. These include a well-defined constituency that has a moderate influence on regional office activities, assigned projects or operations. Requires regular contact with in-country partners, colleagues, and sister organizations, in order to advance the interests of the Organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, commerce, business administration or any other relevant field. Professional qualification in CPA (K), ACCA or its equivalent. Must be a member of a regulatory body within the field, and proof of which will be required.
- Minimum of Five years’ experience in Finance and Grants management. Experience working with foundation grants preferred. Good understanding of best practices in procurement necessary.
Skills or Related Knowledge
- Good analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with keen attention to detail and follow through.
- Fluency in English and French is MANDATORY.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet inflexible deadlines.
- Experience in Tableau is an added advantage.
- QuickBooks, G-Suite experience are a must.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- Cultural sensitivity imperative.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information, and communicate clearly and persuasively verbally and in writing.
- High degree of efficiency and short turnaround time in addressing issues
Ability to travel a minimum of 25% of time within the country and outside the country.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Bilingual Finance Planning Officer on the Subject line. Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.